For added security, "My Promos" screens are now protected by a 4-digit number or passcode. If you are a press contact, you will set your passcode and the 4-digit number will be associated with your email address.When you get prompted for your passcode, if you don't have one yet or forgot it, click the green "Set My Passcode" button. Haulix will then send you an email with instructions for setting your passcode. It only takes a minute.
Media Contacts | Passcodes | Promos
To get direct access to your My Promos screen, from the Haulix homepage, click on the "Press Access" menu item.
Enter the email address that you normally receive invitations to and click on the "Request Access" button. Haulix will send you an email with instructions for accessing your My Promos screen.
If your plan includes watermarking security, Haulix will perform a pre-processing step at the time you upload your tracks into your promo (marked by the pink box around the screen). If one or more of your MP3 files is corrupted, it will have a negative effect on the watermarking process.What could be causing my MP3 files to be corrupted?This can occur when files are transferred over wires. In the case of internet transfer, a choppy connection can cause corruption. It can also happen from transfer over USB, storage on a sketchy device or even encoding errors made by recording software.Possible solutions:You can try to re-encode your MP3 from a file closer to the original source and then attempt to upload it again. If the corruption is not affecting the sound of your MP3, it could be that the corruption exists only in the header data. In this case, there are several MP3 repair tools that may be able to help.
Promos | Watermarking
To create a new promo:1. Login to your Haulix account2. Click on the "Promos" menu item
3. Click the "New Promo" button
4. In the "Create Promo" dialog window, enter the Artist and Title for the album and click the "Create" button.
5. A new promo is created and you can begin to add accessories, edit the promo's details or save it for later.
6. You add cover art by clicking the green plus sign/"Add Cover Art" link. Select the file from your computer and it will get uploaded into your promo package. Same thing goes for PDF sheets. Upload an unlimited number of PDFs and optionally change their names. Delete any promo accessory by clicking the red "X Remove" button.
7. Secure your promo by setting various access dates and consumption settings.Release Date - this is the date the album gets released to the publicLive Date - this is the date the promo goes live. Invited contacts will not be able to access a promo until it's live.Expiration Date - this is the date the promo expires. Once the expiration date is hit, no contacts will be able to access it.Download Limit - this is the number of times each contact can download the album (we suggest giving your contacts at least 2 download attempts in case the first one fails due to a problem on their end).Stream Limit - this is the number of times each contact can stream an album through the music player on your promo web page. **A streamed song only docks 1/4 the size of the MP3 from your bandwidth quota**Active - this is an On/Off switch. If you set the promo's Active flag to off, it's an instant change and nobody will be able to access it.Accessibility - a "Public" promo can be accessed by anyone in the world who knows its internet address. Downloads from a "Public" promo will show up as Anonymous in your Activities panel. "Invitation Only" is more secure. Only contacts you invite will be able to access the promo. For watermarking to work, you need to choose the "Invitation Only" option.Tags - tags are words you can associate with a promo. Tags will appear next to the promo on your dashboard screen. Your contacts will not see your tags.Photo Gallery - click the green plus sign/"Add Photo" link to add photos to your promo's photo gallery. Photos and videos will get formed into a slideshow. You can also optionally select one photo from each promo to appear in your email invitations.Videos - to add a YouTube video to your promo's slideshow, visit YouTube, copy an embed address, paste the address into the textbox and click the "Attach" button. If successful, you will see a thumbnail of your video appear.
8. Haulix currently supports MP3 file types only. You can upload one track at a time or select a zip file with multiple tracks. Green progress bars will show your progress as tracks upload into your promo package. Once uploaded, you can change the name of tracks and re-order tracks by dragging/dropping them into their new position. Haulix will automatically update and write the ID3 tag information so that your promo formats nicely in common media players.
9. When you are finished editing your promo, click the "Save" button in the upper right corner of the screen.
10. If you uploaded new MP3 files, our watermark preparation process will kick in. You will see a pink box surround your promo with a progress indicator up top. Preparation should only take a minute or so per track. Once the watermark preparation process is complete, you can then move onto sending out email invitations to your contacts or save the promo for later.
11. You will see your newly created promo on the bottom of your dashboard screen.
Promos | Screens | Streaming | Watermarking
In an effort to make the Haulix promotion system as secure and fast as possible, we utilize the latest web technology.Haulix is all online and usable via a web browser.We support:Internet Explorer 8-9Chrome 14+Firefox 6+Safari 5+Opera 10+Download managers are not supported and must be disabled before consuming a promo.
Media Contacts | Promos | Streaming
Streaming a track in a Haulix promo is accomplished by clicking the stream button to the left of the respective track. The track then plays via a music player that is anchored at the top of the promo page. The music comes through speakers in the client's computer.Multi-Layered SecurityHaulix employs several levels of security when it comes to protecting streamed tracks.Stream LimitWhen editing a promo, you can set the number of allowed streams per contact. The default setting is unlimited. This feature is similar to setting the number of downloads per contact.
File EncryptionBehind the scenes, streamed track titles are encrypted - hiding the original file names from the client.WatermarkingTracks streamed through Haulix are watermarked with data pointing to the original recipient of the promo invitation.**Rising Star Plan does not include watermarking**
Promos | Streaming | Watermarking
Our watermarking technology requires that we run a few preparation steps before the .MP3s can be downloaded by your contacts. Setting the files up ahead of time results in less processing that needs to be done when your contacts download the tracks. This makes the end-watermarking experience faster, more stable and less prone to errors.Some things to note:- Our upgraded watermarking technology comes at no added cost to you- File preparation is automatic and doesn't require any manual input on your part- Scanning for watermarks works the same as before - submit suspect tracks through your dashboard and our staff will scan- If you update a track(s) that has already been prepared for watermarking, our automatic process will kick in and RE-prepare the track(s)- Our system will not let you send out an email invitation for a promo that is in the process of being prepared for watermarks- Streamed files are watermarked for added security- If you are sending an album through Haulix to someone else who will then upload the same album into their Haulix account and promote it, there's a chance the watermarks will overlap and not work correctly. Always send the master copy to the recipient outside of Haulix.
Promos can contain an unlimited number of attached PDF documents. To upload an attachment:1. Sign in to Haulix2. Click the Promos tab3. Select a promo and click the Edit button4. Click the green plus sign "Add PDF Attachment" for each individual document5. Change the names of the files to what you want your contacts to see6. Click the Save button
If you need to reset the download count for a contact on a per promo basis, follow these steps:1. Sign in to Haulix2. Click the Contacts tab3. Drill down into the contact's details - expand the respective promo4. Click the "Reset" link in the Downloads Left row
Media Contacts | Promos
Sometimes, you might want to mark or label a promo with a descriptive word or attach a quick reminder to it. We call this "tagging" a promo and your "tags" will be visible in pages that list promos, (eg. dashboard and email invitation screens).To tag a promo:1. Select a promo and edit it. Enter one or more tags, staying under 50 characters long.
2. Click save. Your tags are visible in the dashboard promo list and the email invitation promo list.