1. From your dashboard, hover the Promos tab at the top of the page and select Manage Promos.
2. At the top of the Promos page, click the New Promo button in the upper left-hand corner.
3. Insert the artist name and album title, then click Create.
4. Input all data relevant to your release, including label, release date, photos, videos, etc.
5. Secure your promo by setting various access dates and consumption settings:
Release Date: This is the date the album gets released to the public
Live Date: This is the date the promo goes live. Invited contacts will not be able to access a promo until it's live.
Expiration Date: Set a date for when your promo will expire. Once the expiration date is hit, no contacts will be able to access it.
Download Limit: This is the number of times each contact can download the album (we recommend giving your contacts at least two download attempts in case the first one fails due to a problem on their end).
Stream Limit: This is the number of times each contact can stream an album through the music player on your promo web page. **A streamed song only docks 1/4 the size of the original file from your bandwidth quota**
Active: This is an On/Off switch. If you set the promo's Active flag to off, it's an instant change, and nobody will be able to access it.
Accessibility: A "Public" promo is accessible to anyone in the world who knows its internet address. Downloads from a "Public" promo will show up as Anonymous in your Activities panel. "Invitation Only" is more secure. Only contacts you invite will be able to access the promo. For watermarking to work, you need to choose the "Invitation Only" option.
Allow Feedback?: If checked, the promo will have a link in the upper right-hand corner that allows users to submit feedback. When clicked, contacts can rate and review music or include links to their coverage. You can view this feedback privately from the bottom of your dashboard.
Tags: Tags are words you can associate with a promo. Tags will appear next to the promo on your dashboard screen. Your contacts will not see your tags.
Group: If you have any promo groups, they will show up here. Promo groups are used for organizing promos on various screens. Select a group to put the respective promo in that group. You can also drag n' drop promos in and out of groups in the left column.
Photo Gallery: Click + Add Photo. You can add as many photos as you want, but you must add them one by one.
Videos: To add a YouTube clip to your promo, copy and paste the URL of the video into the promo creation screen and click Attach.
6. Haulix currently supports MP3 and WAV file types only. You can upload one track at a time or select a zip file with multiple tracks. Once uploaded, you can change the name of tracks and re-order tracks by dragging/dropping them into their new position. Haulix will automatically update and write the ID3 tag information so that your promo formats nicely in standard media players.
7. When you are finished editing your promo, click the Save button.
8. If your account includes watermarking, our watermark preparation process will kick in automatically.
9. After clicking Save, you will be redirected to your Manage Promos screen. If you wish to customize your promo design, click on the promo you want to edit and choose the Design option.